Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'm Bringing Back the Jughead Hat.


Jughead, my favorite character from the Archie comics, who always played hard to get with the girls, inspired me to google "jughead hats" one day in hopes that I might find one.

I came across this funny little company website (found at www.thekingpin.com), and discovered that these jughead beanie caps are still being sold. According to their website, the Jughead (coined "Kingpin" by the Kingpin company) hat made a comeback in the 80's, of which I was unaware. The hat comes with only a Kingpin bottle cap pin, which I kept. I then personalized it with the Peter Rabbit pin, the Beatles pin, Flapjack, etc. Now it's not just a Jughead hat...it's an Emily hat! Oh boy. Golly.

Anyways, here I am, bringing back the Jughead hat, putting it into mainstream (or maybe just artsy-type) consciousness. I'm wearing it RIGHT NOW.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was trying to figure out what that thing was on his head... thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

Where can i get a hat like that, i think it would go good with my clown outfit!!

Wes B.

beltar_the_puppet@hotmail.com