Monday, June 8, 2009

I Smell Children!


I watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang for the first time. It is a mess of a film. Dick Van Dyke has two British children (?). I'm not sure if that's better or worse than him trying to pull off a British accent like he did in Mary Poppins (a film I love anyways). The story is totally vague, and meanders from one reality to the next (for no apparent reason). However, there is one great, unforgettable character in Chitty. He is fondly referred to as the Child Catcher.

He stalks the imaginary, blatantly German town looking for children to capture, luring them with candy (which seems to work on every child). You see, in "Vulgaria," creepily, children aren't allowed. They are taken by the Child Catcher and brought to the equivalent of a sewer, beneath the Baron of Vulgaria's castle. This is my interpretation of this nightmarish child predator.

1 comment:

LOUIS said...

this guy scares me. Please keep the mincing, pedophiles in vulgaria!!