Thursday, October 8, 2009

Beany the Ham Face

HamFace from Emily Brundige on Vimeo.


In all its hi-res glory!

The sound I used is a clip from the old Time for Beany puppet show from the late 40's/early 50's. The voices are characters Beany and Uncle Captain. Daws Butler did both voices. I recorded the sound off youtube onto my ipod. The purpose of this animation exercise was to get us used to animating to sound, rather than animating first, then adding sound later. I love this sound clip. The sound alone sounds really dirty (even though the original Time for Beany context wasn't at all). I really wanted to challenge myself not to make it dirty, so I thought of this TV dinner ham concept/guilty eater. I'm happy with how it turned out. More on the horizon!

3 comments:

David said...

Love it on both blog and facebook.

Brett W. Thompson said...

Awesome, can't wait to see more!!!

The Ivanator said...

Hahahaha...